Sridevi has acted in more than 70 hindi movies. Sridevi is known as one of the best dancers Bollywood film industry has ever produced. With her elegant personality and her sensual looks, she was a perfect blend who was able to dance and perform on various kinds of songs. Some of Sridevi’s performances on songs are done in the traditional Indian cinema way, while some were very different that the then existing fashions and proved to be trend setters. From “Naino mein sapna” to “O Meri Chandni” she has proved her mettle time and again. Without any formal training in dance she has done rather well by becoming the first Indian female superstar in Bollywood. She has performed many tandavs, Chandni tandav being the most famous (while Chaalbaaz and Lamhe Tandav are also highly appreciated). Let’s have a close look at the top 10 songs other than the famous tandavs that she has performed on in her carrier.
10. Naino mein sapna, sapno mein sajna– This was a brilliantly colorful dance from the movie “Himmatwala”. Jitendra was the lead actor against Sridevi in this film. This song was such a huge hit that till now it is considered as the trademark of the 1980s on screen couple dances.
8. Nahin aur koi bs tum ho sath, kehni thee tum se jo dil ki bat-Undoubtedly the most sensual appearance of Sridevi on screen, this song comes from the Movie “Mr. India”. Anil Kapoor was the lead actor in this movie.
7. Her ksi ko nh milta yahan pyar zindagi mein-This song from the movie “Jaanbaaz” was a huge hit.
6. Rab ne bnaya tujhe mere liye mujhe tere liye-This song was the highlight of the movie “Heer Ranjha” based on a folk love story.
5. Tu mujhe qabool mein tujhe qabool-Starring against Amitabh Bachchan in “Khuda Gawah” Sridevi acted in double role as Afghan Muslim woman. Her face expressions in this song are great.
4. Morni baagaan ma boley adhi raat ma-“Lamhe” was probably one of the best tests of Sridevi’s acting skills. Till date it is considered as her best acting performance. She looked brilliant and stunning in the traditional thar desert attire. Dazzling!
2. O Meri Chandni-“Chandni” is probably Sridevi’s best movie in her career. She was nominated for filmfare award for best actress for her performance in this role, but she won the filmfare for her role in “Chaalbaaz”. In “Chandni” Sridevi performed bhangra, sensual peacock dance, a rain dance and some fun filled, lively and beautiful performances like the one in “O meri Chandni”. Rishi Kapoor starred against her in this movie.
1. Mere Hathon mein nau nau chooriyan hein-This song is again from the movie “Chandni”. A brilliant song where Sridevi has performed really well and according to the situation in the movie.